Saturday, February 26, 2022

BEGINNERS 2 COURSE, 2022, CLASS 5

 This week we learned body parts on pages 16 and 17:




Las partes del cuerpo – The parts of the body

El brazo – The arm

El dedo – the finger

El ojo – the eye

El cuello – the neck

El pie – the foot

La boca – the mouth

El estómago – the stomach

La garganta – the throat

La cabeza – the head

La mano – the hand

La nariz – the nose

El hombro – the shoulder

La oreja – the ear 

La pierna – the leg

La espalda – the back

El pelo – the hair

Los labios – the lips

El corazón – the heart

Los dientes – the teeth

La cara – the feet


Las enfermedades – the illnesses 

Me duele la cabeza – I have a headache

Me duele la muela – I have a sore tooth

Tengo la pierna rota – I broke my leg

Tengo tos – I’m coughing

Tengo un resfriado / tengo un constipado– I have a cold

Tengo la gripe – I have the flu

Tengo fiebre – I have high temperature

We read the conversation on page 17 and we translated it: 

¿Qué te pasa? - What is wrong?

No me encuentro bien - I don’t feel well

Tengo fiebre y me duele todo el cuerpo - I have a temperature and I have pains all over my body.

Bueno, vamos a ver - Well, let’s see

Me parece que tienes la fiebre - It seems to me that you have the flu.

Te daré una receta para unos antibióticos - I will give you a prescription for some antibiotics.


In the last part of the class we practised the pieces of advice on page 19. 

Deberías descansar - You should rest

Si no mejoras, deberías ir al médico - if you don’t get better, you should go to the doctor

¿Te duele la cabeza? - Do you have a headache?

¿Por qué no te tomas una aspirina? - Why don’t you take an aspirin?


Consejo - Piece of advice

Tienes que descansar - you have to rest

Deberías descansar - you should rest

¿Por qué no descansas? - Why don’t you rest?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Beginners 2 - class 8 (11/06/24)

We start the class with a couple of audio to review the physical descriptions. We also reviewed clothing vocabulary and learned colours. The...