Saturday, March 5, 2022

BEGINNERS 2 COURSE, 2022, CLASS 6

 This week we revised the topic of body parts and illnesses. We learnt the names of some items that are found in pharmacies. 

el inhalador - the inhaler

el jarabe para la tos - the syrup

el protector solar - the sunscreen

la venda - the bandage

la receta - the prescription

la crema - the cream

los antibióticos - the antibiotics

las gotas para los ojos - the eyedrops

las pastillas - the pills / the tablets

las tiritas - the plasters

las aspirinas - the aspirins


Other new phrases: 

tengo náuseas - I have nausea

me encuentro débil - I feel weak

¿Tienes síntomas? - Do you have symptoms?

¿Tienes apetito? - Do you have an appetite?

¿Eres alérgico/a a algo? - Are you allergic to something?

tengo mucha sed - I am very thirsty


We listened to the conversations on pages 19 and 20. Some new words: 

ahora mismo - right now

inmediatamente - immediately

pronto - soon

en seguida - soon, quick


ayer me caí - yesterday I fell

casi no puedo andar - I can barely walk

a ver - let’s see

¿Cree usted que es algo serio? - Do you think it is something serious?

¿Puede darme algo? - Can you give me anything?

le voy a recetar - I am going to prescribe you


In the last part of the class, we did a role play pretending to be at the doctor’s. A sample: 

A: ¿Qué te pasa? - What is wrong?

B: Tengo tos y tengo fiebre. - I have a cough and I have a temperature.

A: Te voy a recetar un jarabe. También necesitas descansar - I am going to prescribe you a syrup. Also, you need to rest. 

B: Vale, gracias ¿Dónde está la farmacia? - Ok, thanks. Where is the pharmacy?

A: La farmacia está al final de la calle, a mano derecha. - The pharmacy is at the end of the street, on the right hand side. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Beginners 2 - class 8 (11/06/24)

We start the class with a couple of audio to review the physical descriptions. We also reviewed clothing vocabulary and learned colours. The...